ERGO Austria is offering its customers a special service just in time for the start of the travel season: Starting immediately, travellers can take out insurance policies from Europäische Reiseversicherung AG directly via the ERGO website. The cooperation between ERGO Versicherung AG and Europäische Reiseversicherung AG includes four year-round travel products that, together with various supplementary packages, offer ideal protection for every type of holiday.
Travel season, the best time of year, is coming up, so it’s all the more important to play it safe whilst enjoying a well-earned holiday. There are many things that can completely spoil a holiday, such as the trip being cancelled, a lost piece of luggage, or even an illness. A good travel insurance policy can at least provide financial relief in such situations.
Europäische Reiseversicherung AG is available online via the ERGO website
Four products from Europäische Reiseversicherung AG are now available on the ERGO website. The insurance coverage applies to all trips taken within one full year; individual trips of up to 42 days in length each are covered. Whether it’s for a spontaneous weekend trip or a long-planned holiday: With a single transaction, you can purchase coverage for just yourself or for the whole family to ensure that you’re always safe whilst out and about. “Travel insurance is one of the traditional insurances that are purchased predominantly online. We are pleased that our collaboration with Europäische Reiseversicherung has enabled us to provide such a product through this sales channel for the first time. Together with our partner, who is one of the top specialists on the market, we are ensuring a high quality of service for our customers”, says Mag. Josef Adelmann, CEO of ERGO Versicherung AG.
The insurance policy can easily be purchased directly on the ERGO website. Even in the travel sector, going digital has been normal for some time. This means that customers also expect to be able to take out travel insurance online. As part of its digitalisation strategy, ERGO offers a comprehensive product range on its new website. We are happy to also offer our customers travel insurance policies that they can purchase online simply, quickly and securely”, says Dipl.-Math. Christoph Thiel, member of the board of ERGO Versicherung AG, responsible for direct sales and IT.
According to Mag. Wolfgang Lackner, CEO of Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, “The collaboration will allow ERGO customers to buy the products of the Austrian market leader in travel insurance in a convenient and modern way online. I am pleased at the collaboration and confident of our mutual success”.
Four insurance products with three supplementary packages
The annual travel insurance policy is available for all trips, holidays and excursions worldwide. The following standard benefits with varying coverage amounts are included in a total of four packages offered through ERGO:
- Curtailment insurance: Additional return travel costs are insured if the trip must be discontinued due to an insured event.
- Delay coverage: If you miss your departure or take-off, the extra costs incurred for an overnight stay and meals will be reimbursed.
- Travel luggage insurance: If travel luggage is stolen during the trip or lost in transit, the fair value of the travel luggage, including sporting equipment, will be reimbursed. If the travel luggage is damaged, the repair costs will be covered.
- In the event of an accident or distress in the mountains or at sea, search and rescue costs are included in the insurance.
- Medical services and transport home: If the insured person has an accident or suffers an unexpectedly severe illness while abroad, the costs for transport to a hospital and medical treatment will be covered.
- Help in the event of imprisonment or threat of imprisonment abroad
- 24-hour emergency call service and emergency aid worldwide
The insurance contract renews automatically each year, provided that the contract is not cancelled by one month before expiry. Depending on the policyholder’s requirements and individual trip, travel coverage can be expanded with three supplementary packages:
- Travel cancellation/curtailment: reimbursement of up to 5,000 euros or 10,000 euros for trip cancellation costs or the unused travel services in the event of trip discontinuation.
- Business travel luggage and manual work: There is additional insurance coverage for business travel luggage and job-related manual work (medical services abroad and transport home).
- Travel duration: extension of the insured travel duration to a maximum of 84 days per trip.
About Europäische Reiseversicherung AG
With a market share of over 60 per cent, Europäische Reiseversicherung AG is Austria’s largest travel insurance company. The product range covers insurance policies for Austrian holidays and travel abroad with annual travel insurance policies, including insurance packages for companies and business travel.
Europäische Reiseversicherung AG is a company of the Generali Group – one of the leading global insurance groups with a premium income of 74 billion euros in 2015. With over 76,000 employees worldwide in more than 60 countries, Generali has a leading position on the Western European markets and is also gaining importance in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as in Asia. According to MIT Technology Review, Generali was the only insurance company ranked among the 50 smartest companies worldwide in 2015.
More information is available at www.europaeische.at, www.generali.at or www.generali.com.
ERGO Austria International AG
Businesspark Marximum / Objekt 3
Tel. +43 1 27444-3703
ERGO Versicherung in Austria is a subsidiary of ERGO Austria International AG. Within the scope of strategic cooperation agreements with partners UniCredit/Bank Austria, the Volksbanken Association as well as via field service, brokers, agencies and direct sales channels, a tailored range of life insurance, accident insurance and property & casualty insurance products are offered to private and business customers. ERGO Austria International AG in Vienna is a part of ERGO Group AG, located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
More information is available at www.ergo-versicherung.at and www.ergo-austria.com
Please note: The descriptions and information above are for press release purposes only. They in no way constitute a recommendation or any other type of insurance advice, nor do they amount to a request that you purchase an insurance policy.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current assumptions and forecasts of the management of ERGO Austria International AG. Known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors could lead to material differences between the forward-looking statements given here and the actual development, in particular the results, financial situation, and performance of our Company. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.